Friday, November 12, 2021

Winterfest 2021 ~Countdown: Eight Days ~Our Progress Report ~Information from Behind the Scenes

A week from tonight we will be downtown setting up our Booth
for Winterfest. Meanwhile, Hubby and Brum, his Friend and 
Wood Turning Mentor have traveled to Pierre
to participate in an Arts & Crafts Fair there.

I guess I’ve got some ‘splainin to do…

Why are there so many boxes on the table?
I like to keep one for each of my projects, with the pattern,
fabrics, notions, and equipment needed.
It is easy to take into the Sewing Studio, to my counter,
the Family Room, or out to the Man Cave, where ever we are hanging out.

Watch for these Santa Pillows…they will be finished soon.

Same with these Santa Ornaments.
These guys went to the East Coast in a Ziplock baggie this summer,
as I like to do handstitching while riding shotgun.
They should be finished in a couple of days, too.

These are the Tins that gave me the Inspiration for our shop’s name…
decades ago. They make a unique gift for family, friends,
teachers, or your Secret Santa.
A little tissue paper allows you to hide a little treat inside.
A couple more steps and they are ready to go.

I also like the challenge of using all recycled materials.
I haven’t purchased new fabric for years.

This snowman is constructed from a Vintage Chenille Bedspread,
his hat is one of my Hubby’s old worn out Socks, washed, of course,
and the foot part has been trimmed away.
The scarf is a piece from one of my Wool Skirts
that I made when I first started teaching.
The button was saved from an old jacket.
Hubby turned the pedestal from a piece of wood
leftover from a larger project.

With one week until Winterfest,
I am finishing a couple more creations everyday.

I still knit these Chunky Cowl Scarves.
When I taught, this was the project we all made in class.
Well, the student were knitting, while I walked around troubleshooting!

This family of Snowmen is all finished,
packed up for Winterfest,
and ready to find their Forever Home.

Take Care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...