Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Where the Weekend Went ~Halloween 2021 ~Here’s my Report

It was a Weekend Full of Family, Friends,
Food, Football, and Fun!

We were fortunate to have tickets to Bison games
two weekends in a row.

It’s less that a three hour drive to Fargo.
When we got to the city, our first stop was the Tool Store.
As you know, we are in full Winterfest Preparation Mode now.
There were some much needed parts for Hubby’s Woodshop.
We currently spend the majority of our waking hours
working on our creations.

We also enjoyed having dinner with these good friends,
two weekends in a row…

…and this past weekend, their daughter and son-in-law
were able to join us. I do regret not getting a
selfie when we were together.
So, had to rely on our photo files.

The next morning we were off to the Tailgating Lot.
It’s always fun to stroll around and see who we run into.

I love the hugs when we see some of my former students.
We spend most of our tailgating time visiting with
my “old” college friends.
Again, sadly, there’s no Selfie there either.

We like to get into the Dome to be a part of the Pre-Game Hype.
The Band, Cheerleaders, Dance Team, and Thundar.

The NDSU Gold Star Marching band, that is.

Then the Lights go down, and the Crowd gets loud for the
Bison Stampede on the big screen, and the TeamTunnel Walk.

We survived a Nail-Biter of a Game,
and last weekend it was a Comfortable Win.

Speaking of my Students…it warmed my heart when these girls
texted me and suggested we meet to chat during halftime.
I miss that.

Besides being their teacher, these girls were
Charter Members in my Knitting Club.
So I saw them every Friday. We all a quick bowl of soup
and then created Scarves for our Special Olympics Athletes.

No matter the outcome of the Game, the Bison gather center field in prayer.
Occasionally some of the Visiting Team join will them.

Then we hit the road…
we need to get home to our cat, of course.

This year I had promised her that I’d make something special
for her to wear on Halloween.

She perched right behind my sewing machine
to Supervise my Work.

Lizzie proudly showed off her Bandana
all afternoon and evening.
Looks like I’ll be making one for every Holiday, now.

These were our first Trick or Treaters.
This family has stopped by every single year, since they were babies!

We look forward to seeing our neighbor boys in costume.
The oldest loves to read, and he read all of the
Harry Potter books this summer. He is in second grade.

A highlight of the evening was answering the door
to these good friends, dressed as Wine and Cheese.
“Trick or Drink”

Here’s what was happening on the East Coast…
Two of the cutest little dinosaurs with their Daddy.

After filling their own bucket, it was time for Henry
to get ready for bed. Jack stayed up to hand out treats to
the other Characters and Critters that came to their Front Door.

I hope you all had a great Halloween Weekend.

Take care,
~Natalie

1 comment:

Sue said...

LOVE the Gold Star Marching Band.....Jordan led that and the drum line for 4 years. We went to every performance.

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...