Sunday, October 9, 2022

Follow Up Appointments ~Here’s my Report

 

Since a picture is worth a thousand words,
I can’t think of any better way to start this report.
You can see my fancy Neck Brace.
That’s not coming off for anything…until Mid December.
The sling can be taken off, with assistance, a couple times a week,
so I can put on a clean sweater, again with assistance.

I so appreciate all the phone calls, visits, messages, and friendly mail.
This handmade card came from a very creative friend.

 Monday’s appointment was in Sioux Falls.

Lizzie got up to see us off.
It was a three and a half hour uncomfortable ride.
And another three and a half hour drive home.
We visited with three health care providers,
And saw the images from the MRI.

We were so relieved that surgery on my neck
 is not necessary.

The next day, we went to the Orthopedic Clinic.
Also very relieved that I do not need
surgery on my shoulder.

This card is perfect for this Crazy Cat Lady…
Find a comfy spot.
Binge-watch something fun.
Take a nap or two.
Think positive thoughts.

Next stop, the lab for blood work.
The good new is that my sodium level was up one point.
The bad news is that there’s still a ways to go.

Thank you, everyone, for the warm thoughts and prayers,
Along with the messages on the lovely cards.

Relax, renew, recuperate.
That is my mission.

Take care,
~Natalie 

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...