Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Santa Claus is Coming to Town ~Check out my Collection ~Do you Believe ~And The Legend of the Nisse

Who else has a collection of the Jolly Old Elf?

“He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly”

My love of this magical character started decades ago.
And every year, I unpack my storage tub of Santas, remembering
how each one came to live at our house.

Many are my own creations. This was the most recent. 
Five of these were purchased at Winterfest.

The remaining Santa has a home here with me.

This is another one of my creations.
I don’t make these every year, as they are quite time consuming.

Their legs are constructed of vintage buttons
from my grandmother’s button tin.

Many of you are lucky enough to live in a household
where there are still believers.
Embrace that family tradition while your family is young.

Once the oldest child starts to question how it happens…
how one man can fly all around the world
and stop at every single house,
in just one night…

It’s time for them to help keep the Spirit of Christmas alive.
Santa doesn’t live at the North Pole,
He lives in our hearts.

Santa is all about the love and spirit of kindness,
 generosity, and giving to others.

So, at our house, we still put out our stockings.
Everyone sneaks around in the darkness,
with little surprises for each other.

I guess it’s the symbolism that makes me love Santa,
and inspires me to create a new one every year.

This is a Nisse, a mythological creature
of Scandinavian Folklore.
A Nisse lives in your house to act as its guardian.

If Nisse is treated well, he will protect the children
and animals from evil and misfortune.
Call me superstitious, I leave mine out all year.

Some have been known to help with chores,
however I have yet to see that happen.

This guy is Hubby’s Design, created out in the Woodshop.

These wine bottle gift bags were popular at Winterfest.

These ornaments sold out, too.
I’m not the only one that loves Santa.

Of course, there’s a Santa Tin.

And I have been gifted adorable Santa kitchen towels.

Count Down to Christmas…Six Days

May the Magic of the Season,
The Spirit of Love, and the
Generosity of Giving
Fill your heart and your mind
this Christmas.

Take care,
~Natalie 

No comments:

Estate Sale ~Saturday, September 14 ~8am to 4pm ~Antiques & Vintage ~Household Items ~Small Appliances ~Tools ~Avon Products, Jewelry, Skin Care, Fragrances, Collectables

Estate Sale Antiques and Vintage Going downstairs in Hubby’s Parents’ home was always like visiting a museum. Here is just a sampling of wha...