Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Celebrating Fifty Years ~A Weekend of Friends, Family, Fun, and Fellowship

This is the Churchs Ferry Class of 1974
We all gathered this weekend for our 50th Class Reunion.
We had so much fun that I didn’t remember to take very many photos.

On Friday Night we all met here at the Black Paws Brewery.
So many classmates, cousins, and community members showed up.
Like I said, I had so much fun that I forgot to take photos!

It was a beautiful Saturday Morning,
We stopped at our cemetery to visit my family’s plot.
It is such a peaceful place…
The only sounds are of birds singing
and the breeze blowing through the trees.

This is the first time I had seen my mother’s marker.
Remember, we designed it and
placed the order when were were there last May.


The weekend was our All School Alumni Days,
Honoring the classes of 1954, 1964, 1974, and 1984.
The whole community is invited to attend.

The committee did a wonderful job planning the weekend.
We had grilled burgers for lunch with potluck sides.
A highlight was the trolley ride around town,
with one of my High School Besties.
And of course visiting was the top priority.

We toured the little museum,
which was actually part of the old school building.
We reminisced about the classes and teachers we had in that room.

I found my mother’s photo there, the class of 1938.

We looked at old yearbooks.
Check out these Chorus Dresses.

Mine is hanging there in the museum.
I had sewn it myself and my mother donated it
to the museum when she moved.

Here I am with my friend Susan, 
modeling those lovely frocks.

Susan grew up on a farm only a half mile from ours.
We spent a lot of time together when we were growing up.

And here we are five decades later.
Beside Susan, that’s Roberta. We’re cousins and I remember babysitting
 her when our folks went out for dinner in the evening.
She was honored along with the class of 1984.

Can you tell Carol and I are related?
Second cousins, twice removed.
I loved having a chance to visit with her.
Her mother and father were my Godparents.

There was an alumni meeting, program, and silent auction
following an afternoon of Bingo.
Of course there was more delicious food and time to share memories.

Cheers to the Class of 1974

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

On the Road again ~Second Annual Fall Foliage Trip ~Family ~Good Food ~How we Got There

This Papa and Gigi could not refuse an invitation to spend time with family, on the beach, enjoying fresh seafood, playing golf, and appreci...