Monday, October 26, 2020

Monday Mail Call ~In with the New and Out with the Old ~It’s a Pressing Matter

Lizzie and I started making face masks back in March.
Hubby was working from home then,
and I felt like I needed to spend my time
doing something worthwhile.

We made hundreds of masks, so many masks
that we wore out my portable ironing board.
Don’t you all appreciate Amazon while
we are staying home during the pandemic?

Pretty sure our mail carrier was curious
about what was in that big box.

I’m actually embarrassed that the old ironing board was so worn out.
But then, it went to college and lived in the dorm with both daughters
years and years ago, so was about time that I replaced it.
It is quite handy to set it up on the counter for my smaller projects.

I’ve used it for years...
Plus it has been serving a double duty
for the last several months.

In our Clothing Construction classes,
our instructors stressed that when sewing,
you need to spend as much time at the ironing board,
as you do at the sewing machine.
(Remember that rule, Debra?)

By now, I’m guessing if you choose to wear a 😷 mask,
you already own one. However, if you need another,
or are planning to travel to a destination
that has a mask mandate,  leave a message for me.

I have a good variety of prints in my inventory.
And if there’s interest, I just may create a Christmas Collection!
Stay safe and well.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...