Friday, October 16, 2020

Yay for Friday ~Looking for the Blog Worthy ~Fall Flowers ~Football Fun ~Good Food

With our Covid numbers spiking here in our neck of the woods,
we are sticking close to home as much as possible.
Fresh flowers and my favorite fall scented candle
bring a little comfort and joy to our kitchen.

Most days are the same...However, an occasional burst of fun,
like cheering for our favorite Football Team
playing the one and only game on their Fall Schedule.

My MIL and SIL harvested the
last of the ๐Ÿ… tomatoes in her garden.
I have already made Spaghetti Sauce, and Pizza Sauce,
so I experimented with Roasting a batch.

Remember, I showed you our mums and pumpkins.
Hubby added a cornstalk to our little front porch.

I think Lizzie approves.

The changing colors of the trees in our yard are beautiful.

However, it creates a whole lotta work for Hubby.
He spent a weekend day cleaning up the yard
and filled the whole backend of his pickup with leaves.

I rode along when he took them out to the dump.

It was a weekend date!

Here’s where our date took us next.
Can you guess where we are?

Back to those roasted tomatoes...I added onion, garlic, and thyme.
My friend, Wendy, recommended adding
a couple of carrots for sweetness.

This recipe for Roasted Tomato Soup was featured
in our hometown Aberdeen magazine.
 I really wanted to try it.

Roasted Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, and a whole cup of cream...
I don’t think we’ll ever be satisfied with canned soup again!

Stay safe and well, everyone.
Treasure this time that you
spend in your home and with your family.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...