Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


Today, we honor all fathers. My dad was a farmer. He worked so hard to put in our crops, to monitor their progress, and then to bring in the harvest. And it was all so unpredictable. Anything could happen in between...too much rain...too little rain...strong wind...prairie fire...insects...weeds...

My dad died in 1988. I still think of him often. My mom always said, "Your daddy would have given you the moon, if he could!"

Happy Father's Day to my husband, Scott, the father of our children. Together, we have two daughters who are now beautiful young women. Our father's day celebration also included Scott's Mom and Sister.


No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...