Saturday, July 12, 2008

Aberdeen Pig Out

Today...the annual Aberdeen Pig Out. It is a day long event filled with good music and good food. The downtown association closes off Main Street to set up stages, food vendors and contest areas. My husband is in charge of the VIP Tent. He and one of his best friends, Bob, have been downtown since @ 8:30 setting up. Well, the weather service has issued wind advisories today. About 10:30 a.m. I brought some cleaning supplies to them...I sensed that they were not in a very good mood! Since then, Scott called to say they have anchored the VIP tent to a couple of vehicles!!
Here is the backstage area for the North Stage...The first band was setting up/warming up. I plan to pick up Paula in a couple of hours to join the guys downtown.





The food and beverages here was available to the Downtown Association Board, the committee, and sponsors of the event. The roasters contained pulled beef and pulled chicken. The flavor was so delicious that BBQ sauce was not necessary!

Bob and Scott were there all day!



















Emily stopped down after work. The wind died down and it turned out to be a beautiful evening. We had alot of fun!

1 comment:

sweetiepie said...

Natalie - I have been reading your blog and I love it. The crock pot pizza sounds so good, I copied the recipe and I am going to the market today! Good luck in your new etsy shop. You should do well.

Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. Joyce in Iowa

Monday Memories ~Day Trip to Amicalola Falls ~Spending Time with Family ~Priceless

How lucky are this Papa and Gigi? We spent our last weekend on a day trip with our daughters, Son-in-law and grandchildren. Amicalola Falls ...