Monday, September 15, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

From the minute my alarm goes off, my mind starts scrolling through my day...like a rolodex. When it gets to the end, it starts over and just keeps going. The good thing is, that I usually remember to take everything with me that I need for the day. But, sometimes, I forget to eat Breakfast, but I have a friend at school that provides me with treats (thanks, Karren!).

Today in 'Fitness for Life' we made Whole Wheat Soft Pretzels...for dipping, we had Nacho Cheese Sauce and Pizza Sauce... we compared the Nutrition Facts Labels...more on that tomorrow!


Whole Wheat Soft Pretzels
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1 1/3 c. warm water (105-115 degrees)
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. whole wheat flour
2 1/2 to 3 c. flour

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 2 lg. baking sheets. In large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water and stir until yeast is dissolved. Gradually stir in sugar, salt and enough flour until a soft, sticky dough forms. Turn onto a well-floured board. Knead for 5 to 7 minutes, adding flour as needed.
Cut dough into 12 equal size pieces. With floured hands, Roll back and forth to form a dough rope that is 15" long. Place on baking sheet and cross ends over to create the pretzel shape.
Prepare egg wash with
1 egg
1 tbsp. water
Brush on pretzels and sprinkle with course salt. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.

Due today...


As teachers, we are required to hand in our written plan for annual evaluation. That was due today. (Thanks again, Karren, for having the forms!) Since this is my 30th year teaching, I think it fitting to focus on technology. Thus, I have created my own teacher website, if you're interested, you can check that out here http://ng028.k12.sd.us/ . I hope to add new links each term, as I teach different courses. Before pre-registration in December, I would like to link the other FACS teachers' course descriptions so that students and parents can make more informed choices.

Also due today...

The only craft festival that we do locally is Winterfest, and that application was due today. Most of it was complete...the descriptions, the signatures, the check, and the digital photos. I just needed to pull it togehter and drop it off. A photo of our booth set-up was required. I ran across this one. When she was in High School, our DD#2 would sit in our booth with me on Sundays. Here we are...ready for customers!



Speaking of Darling Daughters...DD#1 called yesterday and was not feeling well. I have been thinking about her today, too, hoping she feels up to going to classes.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

I laughed when you said "scrolling through my day...like a rolodex." I do the same thing! That's an apt description!

I will definitely try the whole wheat pretzels. Those sound delish and I love the fact they are a little more wholesome!

Now for the good stuff! Your booth looks fantastic. So much variety! I'll just have to settle for the Etsy shop, but I wish I could visit it in person!

Renna said...

Your booth looks like a fun place to visit.

I don't have any whole wheat, but when I buy some, I'm going to try that pretzel recipe in my breadmachine.

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Mmmm I'll have to save that recipe!

Unknown said...

Yum! I am going to try those pretzels with the sauce. thanks for the great recipe!

Debra said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better.
Your Monday is kinda like my Tuesday!!

Jennifer said...

What a fun pic of you and your daughter! Nice to stumble upon memories every once in a while :-)

Thanks for the pretzel recipe. I made some last summer that turned out more like crackers, LOL! I think I missed the part about the additional flour.

Your pretzels came out beautifully!

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Hope you did well at the craft fair. Ah I remember the days as if they were just moments ago....

ErinT Fashion Accessories said...

I'm the exact same way from the minute I wake up in the morning, and it lasts all day! Those pretzels look yummy. I think I'm going to try the recipe :)

Unknown said...

can I 'steal' you Just another Manic Monday title. I love it.

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...