Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Celebrations

Here is 'The Birthday Girl'...
We were treated to a lovely Birthday Brunch, prepared and served by Wendy. We met at 11:00 for Smoked Salmon Appetizers with champagne. For brunch, a Seafood Puff Pastry Creation, Caesar's Salad, and Fresh Fruit. And of course, a Birthday Cake. The coconut cake had delicious cream cheese frosting...topped with more coconut. The best was good conversation with great friends.



I am listing a few more Valentine items in my Etsy Shop before I turn my attention to Spring and Easter.
The forcast high for today is 3 below, so yes, it would be a good day to stay inside...however, I have two friends who celebrate birthdays today. Wendy has invited me to join the 'girls' for brunch at her home to honor Pat's birthday...and we will likely celebrate Kari's birthday after the girls basketball game tonight. Thank goodness for warm cars with automatic starters.

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Be safe and warm!

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Sounds like a great day Natalie!
Kim

Lori in South Dakota said...

looks like it was great fun. I love the primitive objects you display. And automatic car starter, around here it's my husband!

Anonymous said...

Your having all the fun! Sounds absolutely wonderful! I see you've also been busy with Etsy!

MommaB said...

that cake looks yummy , sounds like you all had a good time...can't wait to see what you are making for easter

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

It looks like a fun time celebrating with good friends! I enjoyed looking at your beautiful teacups, stay warm and thanks for your visit (;
Hugs~Kelly

Suzanne said...

Wow -- that coconut cake looks incredible!!!

Elizabeth said...

A very Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like a wonderful day...I love the Silver Glitter Tophat for the birthday girl!

I like to enlarge photos and see what the backgrounds are like (I'm kind of nosy that way!) and I see that there is what looks to be a wreath made of wine corks on the wall. Cool!! Are they all from your household ~~ *grin*. Maybe you talked about this in a previous post...

Thanks for visiting me...stay warm.

Stela said...

How lovely!!

Melody said...

Happy Birthday! You have wonderful friends!!

Tins and Treasures said...

Oops...maybe, that was misleading. It was not my birthday...but I went out to a Birthday Brunch for my friend, Pat. She is the one wearing the sparkly hat...
But thanks for the warm wishes!

M said...

I love your new items! I have a little quilt almost exactly like your heart wall hanging that I got when I was in South Dakota years ago.

Stay warm...it's a "cold" 51 with a chilly wind here.

planettreasures said...

sounds like a yummy lunch. What are you drinking? Pink champagne?

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...