Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to Hubby, and Where Did the Half-Century Go?

We've had a lot of fun celebrating hubby's birthday.
I predicted that I would be too busy to take pictures at his party on Saturday.

Yup...there were 55 people here.
I was kept busy taking care of the kitchen and buffet table.
Amy, Emily, Seth and Jake were all fabulous help...
food preparation, serving beverages, greeting guests, making introductions, cleaning up.
Plus...just having them here made the party very special.

The girls at hubby's office were scheming all week.
I guess he's quite a prankster at work and they wanted to pay him back.
Friday, his pod was filled with black balloons and sealed with plastic wrap.

They planned a pot luck and invited his family to the office for lunch.
Emily, his mom, and I enjoyed a delicious meal with all of them on Friday.

Today is his actual birthday, sooo...
tonight we had a nice quiet dinner here with three other couples...
it was a perfect way to celebrate...a relaxing evening just visiting with good friends.

Happy Birthday, Scott.
I hope you enjoyed time with your family and friends.

Take care,
~Natalie

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. "Happy Birthday" to the birthday boy! (Take it from me -- 50 is fabulous!)

planettreasures said...

Happy birthday, Scott!
Love those spectacles!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Happy Birthday to your husband. I used to love office birthday parties. Especially those extra special ones.

dee begg said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Sounds like your weekend was packed full of fun.

D

Busy Bee Suz said...

Happy birthday to your special guy!!!
Looks like a week filled with fun!
So, are you exhausted yet?? :)

jodi said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Happy Birthday to your husband.

AntiqueChase said...

Hi Natalie!
Thanks for coming to visit me and taking the time to comment on my new blog. I so appreciate it! I love the very special photo of your grandma and her sisters at the bottom of the page... what a treasure!!

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...