Thursday, August 12, 2010

Things in my House that Make me Happy

I've been having so much fun refreshing Amy's pink bedroom.
Last summer, it was emptied and cleaned for Line, our foreign exchange student.
Then, she left in May...and, well...we had to decide what's next for the room...
It's a long story...

We spent last weekend with Emily and Jake.
Remember, in May, we had helped Emily move out of one apartment and into another.
We helped her with the large furniture and moved her boxes...
but couldn't stay, as mom was to be discharged from the rehab facility.
We had not been back to see Emily in her new place.
The weather was beautiful, so we took in a Red Hawks game.
Complete with fireworks!

We also went there to help Emily shop for a bigger bed.
So, Emily bought a queen size bed and we brought her twin bed home with us.

Earlier this summer, I had already made room for mom's custom built sewing cabinets.
But, I gladly rearranged the furniture again, so it will fit in Amy's room here.

I am happy to have enough beds for the girls, and for Seth and Jake, too. 
It's not often when they are all here at the same time...
but, I feel so much better about offering them a bed, rather than a spot on a couch.
I have also started a collection of pictures for the pink room.
It started when I found the large one for $8.00.
Pink flowers and the gold frame...
I could pass it up!

All of these were found at thrift stores when staying at mom's in North Dakota.
The total cost for these for all these pictures was less than $15.00.



I think they add a nice touch to the room.
Emily says it's a little bit 'girlie'...
but I don't think their boyfriends will mind.


Take care,
~Natalie

7 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Love the pink! Those pics are great and the bedspreads are beautiful.

Cathy

Willoughby said...

So pretty! You got a really great deal on the framed pictures. Don't you love the feeling of finding the perfect item in a thrift store? It's like it was just sitting there waiting for you.

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Your pink room is beautiful! Great job finding the perfect pictures!!
Kim

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the pink and the photos!
I must start thrifting.
How sweet that the girls will bunk together for a while!!!

Oklahoma Granny said...

What a great look for such a small price!

BTW - have you heard from Line? How is she?

Pat said...

The room is wonderful. Love the pink. I have not repainted the room my younger daughter had. It is royal blue and has her drawings right on the walls. She was a fine arts major. She keeps saying Mom, paint over it. And it really does need to be redone. Maybe before Christmas.

Having daughters is a blessing, don't you think?

jodi said...

It is very pretty.

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...