Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tasty Doughnuts and Tuesday's Tip of the Day

Doughnuts are not something that someone should eat everyday...
...However, doughnuts make a delicious, special treat now and then.

These drop doughnuts are so delicious and so easy to make.
I posted the recipe here.

Tip of the Day:
Use your cookie scoop to drop the batter into the hot oil.
This insures that doughnuts will be a manageable size and fry all the way through.
The doughnuts will be uniform in size.
The doughnut "dropper" will experience less hot oil spatters on his/her hand.






My Basic Foods students really enjoyed these doughnuts.
Come back and let me know if you tried this recipe.

Take care,
~Natalie

9 comments:

Kathy said...

I love bakery goodies. That is my one big weakness. I can pass up anything bought at the grocery store bakery....but anything from a real bakery and I'm done for! Those look wonderful!

Suzanne said...

If only I'd have had a teacher like you when I was in Home Ec. We never made doughnuts. Mores the pity.

Firecracker Kid said...

That's so cool seeing the kids cooking. Oh, we haven't made doughnuts for a long long time, but the weather is just right for it now. Thanks for reminding us Natalie:) I can give your recipe a try!

dee begg said...

Natalie,

You're making me want to run out to Dunkin Donuts! Love their munchkins! The kids look like they had fun cooking.

D

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

My Mom use to make these doughnuts for us when we were kids and I just loved them!! They didn't last long in our house :)
Kim

Oklahoma Granny said...

Those look yummy good!

Barb said...

Natalie,
Thanks for sharing this recipe. My son will love these-he is ten and loves to cook!
Barb

jdavissquared said...

oh wow. those look yummy! i probably should not make those...they look dangerous!

Willoughby said...

Every once in a while we make homemade doughnuts in our deep fryer, but rolling and cutting the dough can be a little time consuming. I think we'll have to try your recipe this weekend!

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...