Saturday, March 3, 2012

To Mantorville ~ Friday's Finds (story continued)

To Mantorville!
Hubby and I were on a self guided tour through the antique stores of Rochester, when one of the store's proprietors suggested we take a drive out to Mantorville.

The little town of Mantorville is on the National Registry of Historic Places.
A couple of antique shops...an old brewery...a chocolate shop...

And the recommendation for lunch 
was this quaint little place called the Hubbell House...

...beverages and a good lunch provide sustenance
for the afternoon.

Just one more little stop...

Thread storage cabinet...so cool...
and I think I could fill it with my stash of spools!







But it wasn't until later when we found the dress form...

She was in the corner...wearing a skirt, a blouse and a hat...
I'm not so sure that the store owner wanted to part with her.
However, we were able to convince her that 

Happy Junkin'
Happy Weekend, everyone.

Take care,
~Natalie

5 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Natalie,
What a fun shopping trip! The town looks so old but looks like there's so much history there.
Great photos.
Karen

Unknown said...

What a fun trip! That was a great little shop and the dress form is perfect for you. I received the sweaters and I love every one. Thanks so much!
Kim

chellebelle said...

Great Trip! But what was the price tag on the Girl in the White hat and mittens.. picture # 10? I'm quite sure I have a series of 3 of those pictures, including that one in my cedar chest.. go figure.

Firecracker Kid said...

You ladies look so pretty. So you finally found yourself a dress form. Don't you have another one too? More than one is good anyway :o)
It's always neat to see y'all together.
Hugs~Carol

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks like FUN! Makes me want to take a drive and find a neat shop somewhere! ♥ Cute photos, too! ♥

Yay for Friday ~Where the Week Went ~Spring Cleaning ~Woodshop Creations

“Spring is in the Air” And Spring Cleaning is on my Agenda. It feels so good to let the fresh air and sunshine in, And clear all dust bunnie...