Friday, April 18, 2014

It was Yeast Dough Week...and I think I gained two pounds!

We spend a week on yeast breads in my foods class.
Dinner rolls, Cinnamon rolls, and Pizza.
I think I gained weight just from the aroma in my classroom!

First, you roll the sweet roll dough into a large rectangle.
If you would like the recipe, click here.

Spread the rectangle with softened butter.
Leave one long edge 'naked'.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Roll the dough toward the 'naked' strip and seal.

We use a thread to cut the tube into pinwheel rolls...
then, they are placed cut side down in a greased 9x13 pan.

Since we are on a tight schedule in school,
the students "force raise" the rolls...
200 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Then the rolls are baked until golden brown.

And...drizzled with icing.
I think one could smell our rolls all the way down the hall to the library!

Can you believe it snowed this week?
This is my early morning route to work..
and, no need to worry.
There were no other cars on the street,
so I stopped to take the photo.

The wet snow did nothing for my hair!

Easter Blessings to you all this weekend.
I hope you all have the opportunity to spend time with family.

Take care,
~Natalie

1 comment:

Linda Welcome said...

Oh Natalie...I would have gained 10 pounds. I know I gained 2 just looking at the pictures!!! Yummo.

Yay for Friday ~Where the Week Went ~Spring Cleaning ~Woodshop Creations

“Spring is in the Air” And Spring Cleaning is on my Agenda. It feels so good to let the fresh air and sunshine in, And clear all dust bunnie...