Thursday, February 19, 2015

Things in my House Thursday ~The Little Things that Make Me Smile...My "Conversation Pit"...and Do you and your Hubby Play Games?

Our living room is small,
but, I think, cozy.

A year ago, when Lucy and I took down the tree and other holiday decor,
we thought it looked bare...naked, actually.

We went online and did a little shopping.

We found an area rug and a little coffee table.
I have enjoyed changing the items to coordinate with the season.

Of course, this past Christmas, 
I had so much fun with the Candy Centerpiece.

Let's zoom in on that Currier & Ives Vintage Book,
and that leather case.

That's correct.  
Hubby and I used to play games in the evening.
This awesome Backgammon set was a wedding gift...
and we played all.. the.. time!

And now, I can't even think of the rules!

I don't know what happened...
either we became too competitive?
or we had babies and had no time for games??

But, perhaps we could figure this out...
Dice...shakers...checkers...

It's your move...

Pretty sure that I should spend less time correcting papers,
and more time relaxing with my hubby!

How about you?
Do you and your "soul mate" play games??

Take care,
~Natalie


2 comments:

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love your living room Natalie - I would pay you to decorate mine if I could LOL! My hub & I used to play hours upon hours of cribbage when we were dating - he won't pick up a card or gamepiece for anything nowadays. Stay warm ~*~Lisa

Unknown said...

Love your living room and decorating. The candy centerpiece is really neat! Mike, Kayleigh and I will play dominos but I am not really a card player. Go Fish is my limit. LOL!
KIm

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...