Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving Week 2016 ~Here's my Report: Ninety five Pounds of Turkey Later...

It was a busy week, indeed.
With Winterfest remains stashed in the storage shed, 
the family room, and my sewing studio,
we forged ahead into the work week.

Parent Teacher Conferences were on the schedule for Tuesday.
Knowing that I had a busy night of preparations ahead,
I stopped at our local supermarket for dinner.
In the 'clearance' cart, I noticed a bunch of over ripe bananas,
and a bundle of over ripe flowers.
Yup, I snatched them up!
 For $1.19, they gave me 
just the inspiration I needed to Get 'er Done.

My students were so pumped to have Turkey Day at school,
I could not let them down...
The birds were in the oven by 6:30 a.m.

And ready by 10 a.m.

Thank you, Guest Carvers,
Head Debate Coach Konda
and School Resource Officer Carlson.

Social Studies Teacher and Coach Hansen
and Head Principal Dr. Uttermark.

The students prepared all of the side dishes,
and then were seated for a special message about
family and holiday traditions.

On the Home Front...
It was a beautiful Thanksgiving morning,
a gentle snow was falling.

I just love Thanksgiving.
Notice, I refuse to decorate for Christmas
until we have had our Turkey, Mashed Potatoes and Stuffing!

When our guests arrive, 
we enjoy a glass of wine and simple appetizers.

This gives hubby time to carve our bird 
and for me to mash the potatoes and make the gravy.

Not many folks have to take 
a leaf out of their table for a family meal.
But our group is small, 
and I like to create a more intimate setting.

The Massaged Kale Salad includes dried cranberries, onion,
a Granny Smith apple, sunflower seeds and shaved parmesan.

Hubby's favorite is the Stuffing.

It is no one's favorite,
but eveyone likes the Scalloped Corn.

My favorite is the Mashed Potatoes and Gravy...
the ultimate comfort food.
(It was also one of my cravings when I was pregnant, decades ago!)

It would not be Thanksgiving without a Beta Carotene rich vegetable,
Sweet Potatoes, Yams, or Squash.

Everyone pitched in to help restore our kitchen to order.

May your Thanksgiving weekend be filled with family, friends,
good food, great Black Friday Bargains,
and plenty of rest and relaxation.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...