Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Happy Spring ~It is Still Winter Here ~Poor Jasmine ~This Retired Teacher Takes a Road Trip

google image

The First Day of Spring is a Celebration of 
Everything that is Fresh and New.

We are going to be patient here in the Dakotas...
We won't be sitting out on our patio anytime soon.

Thankfully, hubby has a snowblower 
to clear a path for us out front.

Jasmine, my new helper cat, has lived with us for almost a year.
If you remember when she first moved in, 
I (endearingly) called her "my little bowling ball".
Since the holidays, she has lost a 
significant amount of weight (for a cat),
So we took her out to the clinic for some blood work.

Hubby occasionally travels around the state for work.
While teaching, I had always said,
"just think, when I am retired, I can go with you!"

With Jasmine in the Pet Hospital,
I accompanied hubby on one of his overnight work trips.

We enjoyed walking around downtown to check out the shops,

and the restaurants. This is the MacKenzie River Pizza.
I know, it doesn't look busy here,
but it wasn't long before it filled in with hungry patrons.

The next morning, Hubby was off to the local office,
and I was off to the local coffee shop...

...with the best looking cupcakes.
It was hard to resist, 
but I had just spent 30 minutes in the hotel's Fitness Center.
That sweet treat would just negate those efforts.

I spent most of my time here at the Child's Play Boutique.
Books, Toys, Clothing...
my suitcase to meet our new grandson is only so big!

And while shopping the Women's Boutiques,
I was treated to a Mimosa.
Retirement Life is the best!

Meanwhile, at home, it is Corned Beef Hash Season...
Hubby's most favorite brunch entree.

He has mastered the art of making this March delicacy.

Also, on the homefront, 
Lucy has enjoyed being the only cat again.
And we all anxiously await Baby News!
Stay tuned...

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...