Friday, October 12, 2018

TGIF ~Where the Week Went ~It’s About Winterfest Right Now

One day the cats were having a discussion at the watering hole.
“What is our human so busy with every day?”

My Quinoa Salad was gone, 
so it was time to try another recipe for my lunches.

More tomatoes from Charlotte’s garden.
I separate the juice and seeds, and 
use just the flesh of the tomato.

When the cats realized I was chopping something, 
they were quick to offer their assistance.


I moved our pots of herbs into the garage...
remember that recent freeze warning? 
So I saved the herbs and 
am still enjoying those fresh flavors.


Most of you know I have Crafting ADD.
I mean, one should not have just one project going at a time.
Sometimes you have to wait for coffee-stained scarves to dry.

...waiting for their scarves to dry...

The highlight of our week was a FaceTime date 
with this handsome young boy.

The low point of our week was this winter weather advisory.
That dark purple around us indicates snow.

This was the morning view from my front door.
It snowed all day.

This is my view when I sit at my sewing machine.
It was part snow, part rain.
While it was not pleasant to be outside,
I will take this over a Hurricane.

I am sending up prayers for everyone 
that is dealing with the destruction of Hurricane Michael.

My fabric stain is a mixture of 
strong coffee and vanilla.

While waiting for fabrics to dry, I painted these projects...

...now I am also waiting for paint to dry!

I need six of these for a project, 
so this week I visited every Thrift Store in town.
As you can see, I am still one short.

This is the rice to fill my hand warmers, 
scented with cinnamon, clove, and vanilla fragrance oils.

These are the Vintage Wool Hand Warmers, 
All stitched and waiting for the rice to dry!

Stay tuned to see how everything turns out.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...