Sunday, February 7, 2021

Eight Years Ago Today ~We Said Goodbye to my Mother ~And I Still Miss Her

It was eight years ago that I received
an early morning phone call.
My mother had fallen and was taken to the hospital.

It was a cold January. Hubby and I made several trips
to and from Grand Forks to be with her.

After many difficult and emotional decisions,
she was transferred to Comfort Care 
It was less than two weeks later when
I visited her for the last time.

This Poem by Henry Van Dyke was sent
to me by a good friend.

While I still miss those daily chats
on the phone with my mother. 
It is comforting to know that she was reunited
in heaven with her husband,
her siblings, and all her friends
that went before her.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...