Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Valentines Day 2022 ~Here’s My Report

Valentines Day was a typical day for these Retired Empty Nesters.
After my morning coffee, I finished cleaning the kitchen
and family room after our Super Bowl Watch Party.
Hubby ran an errand for his Mother.

Later, when house chores were finished,
We exchanged cards and gift bags
and enjoyed dinner at home.

In January, when the Christmas decorations came down,
they were replaced with Valentine Hearts.

Our Heart-shaped Crystal Candy dishes
take their position on the dining room table.

This year I discovered Dark Chocolate
Lava Cake Kisses.

These are fabulous…
You must find them and purchase a bag or two!

Second best…Peanut Butter M&Ms.
In February, you are allowed to eat a little chocolate every day.

This little Dolly watches over the Dining Room
to make sure I eat only one piece after dinner.

Thank goodness for FaceTime.
I enjoyed chatting with our daughters and grandsons.
When their Mama was preparing dinner,
I read this book to them…twice.
Jack was a good big brother, holding the book, turning pages,
and letting his little brother feel the textures on the bugs.

Here’s our Lizzie, proudly wearing her new Valentine Bandana.

Hubby brought fresh cut flowers, a bright spot in the kitchen.

Do you exchange Valentine cards with family?
Do you go for the silly or the sweet?

In my gift bag, I was delighted to find these ramekin bowls.
They are so cute, I just had to use them for our appetizers.

My hubby knows me well.
I find delight in the simple little things.

Valentines Day requires something special
for your sweet tooth…Red Velvet Cheesecakes.

I hope you enjoyed Valentines Day with
some of your favorite people.

Take care,
~Natalie

P.S. I have been looking to re-home many items in our home,
and am pleased to report that the Pink Teddy Bear
is now loved by a darling four year old girl.
She named him Bobby
and he slept with her last night♥️

1 comment:

Busy Bee Suz said...

NATALIE!
You are still blogging? I had no idea.
I was looking at one of my old, old posts and saw your comment and it spurred me to see if you were around. YAY.
Happy late VD for you and your honey. I'm so happy to see you are doing well and have TWO grandsons. That is awesome.
The lava kisses sound terribly good!
So happy to see you.
XO

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...