Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Home Again, Home again, Jiggety Jig ~How we Got There ~National Baseball Hall of Fame

 

The time had come to say Farewell to these two.

We enjoyed a big Family Feast on our last evening.

Their Daddy made Ribs in his Smoker.
Mama made Corn Muffins and the Salad.
This Gigi made Homemade Mac & Cheese.

And the Grandsons helped Mama
pick out this cake at the bakery.

After hugs all around, the boys left for preschool,
 and Papa and Gigi finished packing up.
Yes, it was raining.
Perhaps those raindrops were a reflection of my mood?

In fact it, rained all morning long.

We had planned a stop in Cooperstown, NY.
A little town of less than 2,000 folks.

However, it is home to the
National Baseball Hall of Fame.
We had decided to go our separate ways and enjoy our own interests.
So I left Papa here to take his time and appreciate all the exhibits. 

For me, it was a quick walk to the Farmers Market.

There were beautiful displays and
 I chatted with a couple of interesting vendors.

The fresh produce was so colorful and lush.
It was too bad that we wouldn’t be home for three more days,
so I couldn’t purchase anything.

A local musician was entertaining us with his banjo.

Next to the Market was Doubleday Field.

It has been used for baseball since 1920.

My walk back to the Hall of Fame, took me past several quaint boutiques.
 I purchased a couple of sweet souvenirs.

My timing was perfect, Papa was also at the end of his tour.

We found a place to have a quick lunch
before getting back on the road.

A couple of Rest Stops along the way
allowed us to get out and stretch our legs.

Then it was time to find  place to retire for the night.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Yay for Friday ~Where the Week Went ~Spring Cleaning ~Woodshop Creations

“Spring is in the Air” And Spring Cleaning is on my Agenda. It feels so good to let the fresh air and sunshine in, And clear all dust bunnie...