Thursday, October 20, 2022

Eating my Way to Recovery ~Hubby is Now My Personal Chef ~Menu Ideas ~Recipes Available upon Request

If you know me at all, you know I love to cook.
I like to be in the kitchen and I enjoy trying new recipes.
This photo was taken pre-pandemic,
I was staying with the family to help with child care,
while Jack’s parents were training for new jobs.

Why is Jack so excited?
 
It’s because we are preparing dinner together!

Tilapia Andouille packets on the grill.

This is the last meal I had a hand in preparing, before my accident.
Hubby is quite the grill master.

Grilled Pork Loin Chops with Wild Rice and a Green Salad.
This was my first meal at home after my hospital stay.

When it is grilling weather, we usually team up to prepare dinner.
Hubby takes the meat out to the grill on the patio,
while I stay in the kitchen to prepare the sides.
Now, Hubby has to do it all, as I coach him from my kitchen stool.

My first visitors, this sweet family.
April made homemade tortillas on her press.
They were fresh and warm when they delivered them.

I had to eat one with my meal right away.

The next night, Hubby made Taco Meat using
my homemade seasoning recipe.
And April’s tortillas are perfect.

Game Day Tailgating Menu.
Monte Cristo Sliders.
That is Hubby’s favorite sandwich when we go out to eat.
This recipe is easy and delicious.

I like to have a little salad with mine.

Our daughter sent the link to this amazing recipe.
Chicken Alfredo in the Crockpot.
Thank you, Amy.

Then this happened.
Hubby was invited to go hunting with the neighbors.
Perhaps those guys felt sorry for Hubby, having to do
all..the..chores?!

Bacon Wrapped Pheasant with Garlic and Onion.
We found a new recipe for pheasant, and Hubby executed it perfectly.

I’m sorry I didn’t get a better photo of the pheasant
 when it came out of the oven.
We enjoyed a Baked Potato, and a Green Salad, of course.
I
The Pizza and Beer Tasting Event
was the first meal I enjoyed out with friends.

Braised Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots.
This is one of my most favorite meals in the Fall and Winter.

Pot Roast Sunday
I like to carry on that Family Tradition.
When I was growing up,
we spent every Sunday at my Grandpa and Grandma’s House.
Yes, the whole day. My parents read the newspaper.
My Grandpa made a roast in the oven.
Sometimes we’d even nap there after the noon meal
and the kitchen was cleaned up.

Hubby must haves known I needed some comfort food.

Another Motivation for me to rest and heal.
I look forward to being back on the other side of the kitchen counter,
preparing my favorite dishes.

If you’d like any of these recipes, please let me know.
I’d be happy to share the links with you.

Enjoy good food with your family and friends.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...