Saturday, October 22, 2022

My Focus on Rest and Relaxation ~This Week’s Healing Report ~Kindness of Family and Friends Continues

The discomfort in my shoulder gets me out of bed early.
I am on the same napping schedule as our 4 month old granddaughter.
This is how my Morning Rest goes…obviously I don’t sleep.
However, the comfort of our Emotional Support Cat is the most the beneficial.

This is how Joelle sleeps.

On  Saturdays Hubby invites me to join him
 in his ManCave to watch Football.
I tailgate with a Non-Alcoholic Beverage,
as I am taking quite a few powerful medications.

And Building my Sodium with some Salty Snacks.

These good friends live just down the street.
They walked over the following day.
Carl took my place in the ManCave to watch Football.
Sonya joined me in the kitchen for some Girl Talk.

They came bearing Sonya’s Banana Bread.
I sent ripe bananas home with her since I cannot bake these days.

I spend some time here twice a week.
The Good News is that I graduated out of my sling
and can use my arm from the elbow down.
Orders for Physical Therapy were sent to start next week.

The Bad News is that my Sodium level is still too low,
and my Blood Pressure is still too high.
We are monitoring several things to find this delicate balance.

In my mail box, Friendly Mail,
from such thoughtful family and friends.

“Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself
Is as little as possible.”

I keep that card where I can see it,
as I look around the house and
see the dust and smudges everywhere.

Then this happened…
We didn’t really need anymore inconveniences in our life right now,
But we discovered that our refrigerator wasn’t working.

Upon investigation of the fridge and the breaker box,
We discovered that the outlet is bad.
While waiting for a call from our electrician,
The refrigerator is pulled out and hooked up to an extension cord.

Again, we are lucky that it is an easy fix.

The kindness of family and friends overwhelms me.
A neighbor showed up with food.
One day, a pan of Lasagna.
The next day with this Turkey and Stuffing Casserole.

She not only cooks, but she bakes.
She also included cookies and 
homemade yeast rolls.

Another friend and neighbor gifted me with this
lovely book of daily inspiration.

For each date, there is a short reading for Morning and Evening.
Did you notice the card?
Handmade and so very creative.

The fresh cut flowers from Hubby still look great.
They are on week two of bringing me Joy.

Thank you, Everyone, for your prayers, love,
calls, virtual hugs, warm thoughts, and generous gifts.
This is what is helping me heal.

Take care,
~Natalie 

1 comment:

pam said...

What lovely support you are receiving from everyone (including kitty support!) I hope you get some answers and a balance on your medication.

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...