Saturday, October 15, 2022

Kindness of Family and Friends ~So Grateful for Each of You ~Thoughtful Gifts ~My Motivation

 
Like all little boys, these guys play hard and then
 snag an opportunity to rest.
Me, too.

Well, I’m not exactly playing hard,
however the tasks we take for granted,
like brushing teeth and putting on socks are a challenge.

So, I am resting often, too!

I hope to be playing with those boys,
and able to get my arms around
this little cuddle bug in three months.

A few days ago, Our  doorbell rang when I was home alone.
It was a package.
When the USPS Driver saw my neck brace and sling,
she offered to bring the Box inside and even carried it to my kitchen counter.
Now, that is kindness.

I Couldn’t wait for help.
Had to see what my sweet friend sent…

A Care Package, indeed.
A cute Cat Card
Handmade Kitchen Trivet
Adorable Fall Notepad
(for all my Honey-Do Lists)
And Amazing Cat Chip Clips

Lorie knows me well.
We have been best friends for over 40 years.
We went out for coffee once a week and often did a little shopping. 
She knows all of my favorites.
Sesame Sticks
(a good source of sodium)
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels
(more sodium)
Coffee Beans
Coffee Scented Candle
It was just so thoughtful of her.

Here’s this Special Friend.
We’ve been kicking off our weekend every Friday Night for years now.
At one time, we had five couples in our group that went out after work.

Do you recognize Cat Boy?
Remember he accompanied us on our recent trip.
Wendy and I, with our husbands, went out to eat the day after
we got home from our trip. Cat Boy was still in my purse,
so we couldn’t resist taking another silly photo.

Because of some life-changing events,
we are just the two faithful couples in our Friday Night Group
that still live in town.
I am blessed to have Wendy as a friend.

She stopped by for a visit last week.
Yes, our Lizzie greeted her at the door, with much approval.

Wendy was bearing gifts.
A bag of potato chips and French Onion dip.
My good friends will be a big part in
restoring my sodium to an acceptable level.

Remember, they are the couple that we delivered
 to the airport early in the morning.
She brought a souvenir from their stay in Italy.
A can of pure, virgin olive oil.
Unexpected, but oh, so appreciated.

The kindness of all the friends that have sent messages,
Online, on the phone, and in the mail.
I am overwhelmed… and it is your warm thoughts
and prayers that will surely help me heal.

Last but not least,
Hubby was out running errands,
getting a few essentials.
He returned with these beautiful flowers.
He knows how Much I enjoy seeing fresh flowers on the counter,
when I am sitting on my kitchen stool.

Thank you to each and everyone of you for your kindness.

Take care,
~Natalie 

No comments:

Yay for Friday ~Where the Week Went ~Spring Cleaning ~Woodshop Creations

“Spring is in the Air” And Spring Cleaning is on my Agenda. It feels so good to let the fresh air and sunshine in, And clear all dust bunnie...