Monday, November 7, 2022

Motivation Monday ~Where the Week and Weekend Went ~The Highlights

 

I’m working hard to heal and regain my strength.
A FaceTime with these two yesterday made my day and
Was another reminder of how much I want to cuddle this sweet baby…

…and play with these two boys.
I focus on that goal of traveling to visit them all in the New Year.

My days seem long, but the weeks go fast.
Here are some highlights…
We were invited to a dinner party with friends.
Isn’t Wendy’s tablescape lovely?!

She and her hubby had tackled the labor intensive task
of preparing  homemade pasta and Ravioli.
Best Ravioli I’ve ever tasted.
I regret not getting a photo of that,
as we were too busy talking and eating!

Wendy also prepared her fabulous Tiramisu…
Also labor intensive.
Chuck and Wendy, Thank for being a
gracious host and hostess.

The kindness of friends and family continues to warm my heart.
Our neighbor just down the street walked over to bring more treats 
for our new Charcuterie Board.
Smoked Salmon and Smoked Gouda.
Special treats, indeed.
Thank you, Carla, Darryl, and Family.

In my mailbox, inspiring cards and gifts.

My friends are going to be solely responsible for making sure
I get enough sodium while snacking.
Xtreme Popcorn contains 290mg per serving.
Thank you, Debra and Brian.

A card from daughter and family
 included artwork for the side of my refrigerator.

Saturday is College Game Day…
 We always prepare  some Football Food for our 
home gating table.

Since Hubby was busy with his Outside Chores,
I assembled the French Bread Pizzas.
This one is Pepperoni and Mushroom,
Hubby’s favorite.

And this one is Bacon Cheeseburger.

Easy enough for this temporarily handicapped chef.
Split and toast a loaf of French Bread,
Add sauce, cheese, toppings, and
more cheese before putting it back in the oven.
I also put it under the broiler for just a couple of minutes
to give it that beautiful golden brown color.

It was Lizzie-Approved.

And now, another Motivation Monday.
I can do simple, lightweight house chores, with rest in between.
I have three appointments at the Clinic this week.

Tomorrow we head out to Vote.
We have our sample ballot, so we can go
with informed decisions.

Be there or Be square.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...