Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Stitching and Stewing, continued ~Sewing Studio ~Destash Project ~Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Like my Recovery, my Sewing Studio will return to Herself,
in Baby Steps. When I get really busy, sadly the Studio
becomes more like a big walk in closet.
 I just stash stuff in there to get it out of sight.
Work Surfaces are Covered and Disorganized.

Remember, when I graduated out of my sling,
I organized my spools of thread and small equipment
on that work counter.

So I wasn’t actually Stitching, but working on the Sewing Studio.

Every year, at the end of November, I take out the basket of Holiday Cards
 from the previous year. I check your addresses in my address book
 then I discard the envelopes, skim your newsy family letters,
And save the front of the cards.

Those beautiful Christmas Cards (if there is no writing on the back)
 are upcycled into tags for our packages under the tree.

We have done this for years…decades, actually.

The old Box where I store them was an overflowing, chaotic mess.
I had saved this gift box from last year, and found it to be a perfect size.
(Thanks, Debra)

Time to condense, combine, and organize.
These are the small Gift Tags that I purchased
last year at Target’s  Christmas Clearance Sale.

I found these partial boxes of  Holiday Note Cards
in my Stationery Drawer. 

This retired teacher has leftover notepads for every holiday,
and every season. You know how students always
need a note for one reason or another.

All those Christmas items are all together now, in the new Box.
I was able to empty baskets, make space in a drawer,
and break down boxes for the recycle bin.
All of these things were In the Studio.

This is the stack of Family Photo Greetings.
It is fun to see how your children and pets have changed over the years.
Of course, we grownups don’t show any signs of aging.

The Basket is empty and in place,
ready to receive all of the Friendly Mail this Holiday Season.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...