Friday, November 11, 2022

Veterans Day ~Honoring All Who Serve and their Families that Sacrifice So Much

My Dad and his Brother served our Country
during World War II

This was is my Daddy.
He died in 1988.
At the cemetery, When they folded the flag
and handed it to my Mother,
She held it closely to her chest and said, 
“He was so Proud”

He wrote to my Mom while he was away.
I have the letters in her Hope Chest downstairs,
secured with a ribbon.

One year, onVeterans Day, I read them all.
Their experience was unimaginable.
I think today might be a good time
to read them again.

Did you notice the postmark?
The year, 1945
And the cost of a Postage Stamp?
Three cents!

I especially enjoyed this “Quickie”.
Apparently, my daddy wasn’t sure if my mom 
was a”Sweetheart” or a “Friend”?
I
They must have figured that out quickly
as they were married in June of 1946.

“As we express our gratitude,
we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not
to utter words, but to live by them.”
~John F. Kennedy 

Take care,
~Natalie 

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...