Sunday, January 21, 2024

Saturday’s Work ~Here’s my Report ~Where the Week Went ~Crafts, Cleaning, Grandchildren, Cats, and Cooking

My January Mission has been to Reclaim my Sewing Studio.
Lately it seems it has become just another Storage Room,
and I have not enjoyed the space for a few months.

Most of the time I keep the door closed…
You know, “out of sight, out of mind”

Occasionally I clear space on the counter to work on a project.
This week I made another batch of Teacup Card Holders.
I actually ran out at Winterfest!

The only way it was going to become more organized and efficient is, if 
 I took everything out of the closet and added some more shelves.
You would not believe all the stuff I found in there…

…for example, a shopping bag with this lovely Thrift Store Apparel.
It includes Teal Men’s Trousers and two Skirts, complete with Jewelry.
It’s a perfect starter kit for a “I Hate Winter” costume.

FREE to anyone who’s interested.

I gathered all the supplies from when I taught knitting at Central.

Of course, y’all remember our Knitting Club.

Since my Creative Friend, Meredith, is teaching a Knitting Class,
I shared needles and yarn with her, for her students.
Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll send you the link.

Meet Susie.
This week she has found her new
forever home with my Sister-in-Law.

Isn’t she pretty?!

This January Winter helps me appreciate my indoor
house chores and projects, like cooking.

For Dinner, I roasted a whole chicken in my Dutch Oven.
Hubby and I can make three meals on that Chicken.

It’s always a highlight to FaceTime
with the Grandchildren. It’s the next best thing
 to being there to celebrate Henry’s Birthday with him.

I love how Moose shares his dog bed
with his tiny human.

We are hardy folks here in the Dakotas and weren’t going
to let the Frigid Temperatures defeat us.
So of course, we didn’t skip the opportunity to meet
Friends for our Friday Night Outing.

The Three22 has new menu items.
Wendy and I each ordered an appetizer and we shared.
Both were so tasty, but we agreed that the
ShuMai Shrimp Pot Stickers
were the best.

The Sewing Studio De-Stash Project will take a few days.
I’m counting on all of you to keep me accountable.
Stay tuned for a Progress Report.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Our Furry Friends are such Faithful Friends ~Sharing Some Sad News ~We said Goodbye to our Sweet Lizzie

It has been two weeks since we said goodbye and stood by her side as Lizzie crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Lizzie had the sweetest personality....