Friday, January 13, 2012

TGIF and my Highlight of the Week

I look forward to Fridays, as I get to spend my lunch with these sweet young ladies.
They are the charter members of our high school knitting club.

While some are experienced, others are just learning the basic stitches...
but together we are focused on a common goal.

And, that is to create scarves to donate to the 

If you knit or crochet, you should check out the link.
South Dakota needs 900 scarves...they have received 250.

Every state has a need....
so...join us by knitting...
crocheting...
or maybe, just donate some funds for yarn.

It's a wonderful project.
I'd love to see some photos of what you are doing in your communities.

Take care,
~Natalie

6 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

That is a wonderful thing that the high school girls did and made those and they made them with love.
Blessings to them,
Tricia

Renna said...

What a sweet looking group, and how awesome that they're learning to knit at a young age, as well as learn the importance of doing for others. :-)

I appreciate this reminder, too, that I need to finish a scarf. I only have until the end of this month for Texas' deadline.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Way to go Natalie, teaching young people to create and supporting a wonderful organization. I lady downstate was on the news this week as her husband is serving in Afghanistan and she knits beanies for the children there as that is their dress. It is a way for the soldiers to connect with the people. Have a good weekend ~*~Lisa

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oh Natalie, that is so very special! I love to see young kids think about others.... AND they get to have a good time doing it! You can't beat that. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friend~

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a wonderful project for you and the knitters!!!!

Firecracker Kid said...

Ah, that's wonderful. I wish they had these activities when I was in school. Natalie, you're such an excellent teacher :o)
Hugs~Carol

Road Trip ~Day Three ~Burger Battle ~Sweet Shopping Highlights

Our last full travel day took us through four states… Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Including some Big Bridges over some Big ...