Saturday, May 9, 2015

Where the Week Went ~Mother's Day Dessert Plans ~~and Special Mother's Day Memories

Another full week at school...so much curriculum, so little time.
This term I have three different preps,
which is probably the main reason I earned a new badge on my Fitbit walking program!

In Celebration of Mother's Day,
I taught my Intro to Foods students to make Chocolate Lava Cakes.

While the cakes were in the oven,
students exercised their creativity to garnish their plates.

The cakes came out beautifully.
If my freshman boys can make these...pretty sure you can too!

And here's the deal...
I promised the students some extra credit if they make Lava Cakes for their mom.
On Monday, they should show me a "selfie" of themself, the lava cake..and their mom. 
I can't wait to see if anyone does this!

Speaking of Mother's Day...
I cherish the memories of Mother's Day Weekend 2012.
Amy and I met at Emily's apartment in Fargo.
Together, we went to Devils Lake to spend the weekend with my mom.
It was the last time we were all together.

For all of you that still have have your mothers,
and for those of you that have your children close by,
cherish your time together.
Someday, it will be just a memory.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

When all the Grandparents Come to Visit

This little girl was pretty excited to have all four grandparents around the dinner table. It took her little Toddler Mind a few minutes to ...