Friday, January 30, 2009

Exercising my Perspective

Already Friday...again, a hectic week. I did have a chance to practice the Murry Banks theory on perspective... 'Is this a 10 or a 2?'
For example,Wednesday brought computer problems at home. Our desktop crashed, thus no wireless internet for our laptop either...I could not blog...could not list an item in Etsy shop...could not check emails...Is this a 10 or a 2? Probably a 2.

Computer problems at school. All the grades I had entered into 'Infinite Campus' on Tuesday had not saved...Is this a 10 or a 2? Probably a 1.

Intentional damage in the foods lab...can you tell that the faucet is just dangling from the sink? This is a new school, new kitchens...Someone did this on purpose...a 10 or a 2? A 10.

Lack of support from the office...I took the names of the students that work at this station to the office, thinking that a principal would bring them in for questioning. I was told that I would just have to talk to them myself. I plan and prepare for 3 different classes. I correct papers & projects for 120 students. I registered the 18 students in my advisory group for classes next year. I do not have time to play CSI. A 10 or a 2? I'd say...5

And then on my way home, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things...and the checker asked me if I want my 'Senior Discount'? OK, Ladies, when you are only 52...is this a 10 or a 2?
All I can say is...I maybe won't go back to that store until I am eligible for my senior discount...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice glass of wine, quilt and good movie should help about now. Hang touch, hang in there!

simple~needs said...

what a great post!!
no, asking about the faucet isnt your job. maybe they thought you would find out who it was faster??
oh, and no you dont look like you are a senior citizen... it must have been some brainless high schooler that even asked thet. i would have been mad too.....

M said...

Ohhh that goes hand in hand with my young co-worker being asked if her little baby was her granddaughter!! This gal does not look over 30...but I guess everyone over 22 looked ancient!

Faucet? I'd make the kids in that group miserable for the next month! They'd wish they'd never taken my class!

Tomorrow is another day...AND IT'S NOT A SCHOOL DAY!

Sharon said...

Guess who won the January Give Away on my blog?

You can send your mailing address to me at mtairymomnc@yahoo.com

Congrats!
Sharon

SleightGirl said...

Oh man! When it rains it pours, doesn't it.

Attic Clutter said...

LOL OH isn't that awful when they ask if you want the
Senior discount (:)
well hope things pick up for you Natalie(:)
Trays- oh yes I love using them too~

hugs, Patty

esque said...

You are def not a senior citizen! Bah! Well, I hope your weekend is going better! Petting the kitty should help! :D

[inkihandmade.blogspot.com]

Carol said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I had to crack up though on the last one...the senior discount. You do NOT look like you need a discount!! Must have been a youngish checker? I know they look younger and younger to me so I assume I look older and older to them. I like the asking yourself if it's a 10 or 2. Makes you stop and really assess the situation. I hope this weekend finds you problem free.

jodi said...

Hope your weekend is better!!

MSM said...

I love the idea of "10 or a 2"; I need to remember that.

What a week! The faucet incident would bother me the most.

The senior discount? Nothing surprises me from cashiers these days.... it's not you, it's them!

pam said...

If someone offers me a senior discount, I'm taking it.

Muddy said...

People ask way too nosy questions anymore when you go out and shop. I have a story of my own that might make it to blogger one day...once I get over how rude it was to be asked...the question I was asked.

Glad you are able to process problems so systematically to choose your battles/stresses wisely.

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...