Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Teaching an Old Dog...


...a New Coffee Pot.

With instruction manual in hand, Emily programmed my new coffee pot, to grind and brew a perfect cup of coffee.

And now, she is back in classes and I am on my own...

Learning new tricks!

I had casually mentioned that my old coffee pot was leaking and I wasn't sure how long it would last...so under the Christmas tree...a beautiful new Cuisinart...it grinds whole beans and makes the most delicious cup of coffee...So, out with the old...In with the new...
And do you have a favorite brand of coffee beans?      Emily and Jake recommend Dunkin' Donuts Coffee...  and I thought really?!   I had to try it to see for myself...and they are so right...
...This is really good coffee...

Now...if I could just remember how to to program this machine to wake me up in the morning!!



And here's some really good news for coffee lovers...
Coffee is being praised as a kind of health food, thanks to its high level of disease-fighting antioxidants and other nutrients.
What Coffee Can Do For You:
1. Fight cancer.
2. Prevent diabetes.
3. Help your heart.
4. Protect against Parkinson's.
5. Boost your mood.
6. Zap a headache.
7. Fight cavities.
8. Keep you sharp.
Sounds too good to be true...read more about it here...
And to buy some of those Dunkin' Donut coffee beans...go here!

8 comments:

Kathleen J. said...

Congrats on the new coffee pot. I have wanted one of those for awhile but our old one still works.
As for coffee, we have been ordering our coffee and loose tea the last couple years from Coffee Bean Direct and love the selection and service.

Turley Times said...

I'm not a coffee drinker but I have relied on caffeine to ease me out of a nasty headache more than once! I had no idea about the cavity-fighting properties of coffee. I'll have to tell my husband about that; he is the coffee drinker in our house!

Hannah

Cathryn said...

I had to go back to the old fashioned percolator pot. (http://chilecats.blogspot.com/2009/12/simple-pleasures.html)

My favorite brand of beans are the Rio Grande Dark Supreme. It used to be the RG Thunderbolt. If I could handle it, I would get and drink Mill House's Organic Black Opal--talk about a caffeine rush!

Firecracker Kid said...

Wow Nat, great info. I haven't had a good cup of coffee in a long time. I need to drink something other than diet soda, ya think?! I didn't know those benefits to drinking coffee. Now we need a good recipe to get the stains off our teeth. LOL. Hugs~Carol

Busy Bee Suz said...

You forgot this on the "benefits" list: IT WAKES ME UP DAILY!!!!!
:)
I don't have a favorite brand of coffee...I do have to have my splenda and sugar free creamer though.
Enjoy!

Oklahoma Granny said...

All these new fangled machines. What's a girl to do? No, really, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time. What a nice gift. I'll have to tell my husband about Dunkin Donuts coffee. He's the coffee drinker here.

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Sounds like a great coffee pot! I could never drink coffee, ever with all the fancy flavored creamers. Mike likes coffee though and prefers Tim Horton's when he's out buying a cup of coffee. At home he drinks organic, swiss filtered decaf coffee.

Have a great day!
Kim

pam said...

I am so glad to here that coffee is good for you! Love your knew coffee pot!

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...