Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Mania

This is our school in a winter storm...I got to school today at 7:30 a.m...I was leaving by 10:30 a.m....

Yup...the weather deteriorated considerably during the morning hours...sooo, we sent the students home early.

Since we had student contact time, this counts as a school day, and we don't have to make up this snow day in May!  Yay!!

This extra time at home allows me to catch up on all kinds of good things...

For one, I have received some pretty sweet blog awards in the last couple of months...
This first is the "Happy Award" from Chris.  She has two blogs that I frequently visit.  Chris' Comments and Living with Fibromyalgia.  Chris is an incredible artist and I'm sure you will enjoy looking at her Mosaics.

The rules are simple...
1. List ten things that make you happy.  Well, that's easy.  There are a lot of things that make me happy.

2. And to pass this award on to others...I'm saving that for another blog post...
Another award...The Lemonade Stand came from Cathryn at Chile Cats.  She blogs about cooking and her cats...and it doesn't get better than that!!

I 'm feeling a little guilty about this award.  Because my overloaded schedule at school forces me to spend my evening and weekend hours on correcting papers and preparing lessons...I have not been the 'most loyal commenter' lately...  But, trust me,  I'm still reading your fabulous posts.

And last, but not least, I want to thank my bloggie friend, Nancy from Nancy's Tidbits for this sweet award.  I felt honored that you chose my blog as one of your recipients.
Now...In the next few days, I'll be passing these awards on.  But, first things first...We have Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday, and I must get back to entering grades.

6 comments:

Cathryn said...

Yay! No make up day in May! I don't get make up days at all--we miss a class--the students are pushed to "catch-up" which means the instructors are pushed to catch them up.

Congratulations on your awards! You've definitely earned them! :D

TJ said...

Congrats on your award ! They have canceled school here again today. Last week it was canceled for a day too. I love snow but.....I'm over it now lol. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start.
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

Kathy said...

I am getting tired of the snow...how about you? We have 8-12 coming today...so I will be heading out nice and early. Congrats on the awards!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award ! Your area , looks like ours and we are getting up to 12 more inches today .
Tins and Treasures , Natalie , you are the winner of the free bottle of Skin MD Natural . Email me your address at dturner19@neo.rr.com
Hugs
Deb

BlueRidge Boomer said...

School up here has been canceled until further notice.....back to back snow storms headed our way....yikes!!

Stay warm......LindaMay

Willoughby said...

The snow is just beginning here, but it isn't supposed to stop for 24 hours. Eight to ten inches are expected, so the kids are hoping for a snow day tomorrow. We'll see!

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...