Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas



Yesterday, by nightfall , our home was 
starting to show some signs of Christmas Spirit.

We started early to rearrange furniture
and create an open space for the tree.


I enjoy unpacking all of the Holiday decor...
baskets,
mugs, and
decorative tins.

It was beautiful weather for the first day of December, 
so hubby was able to hang the garland and work on the tree for our front porch.
Putting lights on a tree is a job that he does not enjoy...

He was able to recruit help when it came time to 
string the lights on our tree in the living room...

The task is much more pleasant 
and goes much more quickly when you have an assistant.

Grandma stopped by with a delivery and a quick visit.

The trees in our family room are pre-lit...hassle-free...
We seriously need to consider investing in a pre-lit tree for our living room.

By 7 p.m. we had changed from our Bison shirts to our Husker shirts and were ready for a break.
So, we all sat down to watch the big game...

In case you are wondering,
 NDSU won in the afternoon...but, the Huskers did not do so well.

Today, I look forward to adding the ornaments and putting the crates, boxes, and tubs back into storage.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

Take care,
~Natalie

5 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

You sure had a busy day. Your Christmas trees look amazing,the livingroom looks so warm,cozy and inviting. I love the pic of your hubby with a mug of drink and bag of chips and relaxing with you gals! GO TEAM!!!!!
Christmas Blessings,
Tricia

Kit said...

Looking good! We put our tree up Friday nite and while watching the MSU Bobcat game, decorated it yesterday. Enjoy the decorating. :) Kit

M said...

It looks a lot like Christmas for sure! I love all your decore!

It is pouring and the wind is howling...I don't think we will be getting a tree today...perhaps this week when it stops raining :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting to be decorating for CHRISTmas!! I have just today pulled down boxes in the process of swapping master BR for small CR. Now I have domain over the larger room for my crafts. Who sleeps all day anyway? I spend more time at my table creating then I've slept ever!!! My threads and lint say it's true. I look forward to following along with you. Hugs. Tammy

jennifer768 said...

Christmas is definitely in the air around your home.Everything is looking great.Hugs,Jen

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...