Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What'cha Working on Wednesday ~ Halloween Family Tradition ~ Then and Now

Have you carved your pumpkin this year?

There are so many elaborate designs,
but hubby and I went for the more traditional Jack O' Lantern.

My hubby usually does the cutting, while I roast the seeds.
This has been our family tradition, for years...
our girls carved their pumpkins with their dad.

As Empty Nesters, we had some fun remembering
our Jack O' Lanterns of years gone by.

This is the first of our married life in 1981.
Our first house had the cutest little breakfast nook.
Hubby made the table and I sewed the cafe curtains...
we hung the wall paper together.

Hubby and our Jack O' Lantern in 2013.

Hubby and our Jack O' Lantern in 1981.

And me with Jack O' Lantern in 2013...

and me with Jack in 1981.

Kinda scarey how we've aged?!

Have a safe and spooky Halloween.

Take care,
~Natalie

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Some things never change! ;o)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So much fun ~ I like the way you posed the same way you did in 81'
Happy Halloween!
Robin

Danice G said...

Happy Halloween to you also. The photos are really nice. I like looking at photos through the years, even if only a few years back :)

Attic Clutter said...

oh cute(:)
Happy Halloween(:)

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh my goodness, I've always laughed at myself when looking back at our older pics. I must say the two of you have improved with age as have your hubby's talent at pumpkin carving :)
Hugs~Carol

Linda said...

I had glasses just like those you are wearing in the 1981 photo. Remember, you are better, not older. ;)

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...