Wednesday, March 18, 2020

What’cha Workin’ on Wednesday ~Social Distancing ~Self Isolating ~Sheltering in Place ~COVID-19

On Monday, we were forced to make a difficult decision
to book a new flight and get this Nana home a week early.
I spent my last morning with this little guy while his Mama
went to the supermarket to stock up on supplies.

Over the last few days,
Amy received daily notifications as to the effects of
COVID-19 on families and the community.
A state of emergency; job status changes;
the library, schools, and YMCA closing;
travel restrictions for military and their families;
restaurants and bars closing to eat-in patrons;
...just to mention a few.

Nearly everyone has been touched by this crisis.

Part of me wanted to stay to help our family,
but the best choice was to make arrangements to travel home.
The situation is probably going to get worse before it gets better,
and travel restrictions will become even more strict.

It wasn’t easy to say goodbye.

So, I quickly packed my belongings
and moved out of the “Mother in Law Suite”.
The line to check my luggage was short.
I made it through TSA in record time.

It was a sunny day to travel home.
I didn’t feel quite so sunny on the inside.
This is a risky time to travel.

The Minneapolis Airport...
Have you ever..ever..seen it this empty?!

Home again, Home again, Jiggety Jog.
It was a long day, nearly midnight when
our flight landed and we collected my bag.

After a good night’s rest, here we are,
all gathered at the counter.
Our Governor has closed state government offices,
so hubby is working remotely from home.
I had some emails to send and messages to answer.
This is how we now spend our early mornings.

Lizzie likes having us all together, again.

And for now, I am choosing to stay home.
Since I just returned from a high risk area
and through three airports,
I will continue to do my part to flatten the curve.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

When all the Grandparents Come to Visit

This little girl was pretty excited to have all four grandparents around the dinner table. It took her little Toddler Mind a few minutes to ...