Sunday, April 5, 2020

Stitching on Sunday ~Face Masks #COVID-19 #FlattentheCurve #StoptheSpread

Like many of you, Helper Cat and I have been
spending time in my Sewing Studio making Face Masks.

We started last weekend. For our first batch,
we used the pattern from the Avera St. Lukes website.

This mask is shaped to fit your face,

And it is reversible, so it is easier to remember
which side should be worn next to your face.

I was so pleased to see this photo.
Our friends had sent a few of my masks to their
daughter who is a physician working  in Florida.
I’m glad she received them quickly
and will make good use of them.

Now, with the CDC recommendations for everyone
to wear a mask when going out and about,
our daughter used this pattern to sew some today.
I like this idea of sewing a pipe cleaner over
the nose area to create a closer fit.

Since elastic is now in short supply,
she used a shoe lace for ties.

Good work, Emily.
They look great on you and your hubby.


This weekend, I finished my second batch.
This one is the flat mask with pleats.
Which style of mask do you like the best?

Please leave a comment if you are in need of a mask.
I am planning to cut more out tomorrow.

Stay safe and well, everyone.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...