Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Was Santa Good to You? ~My Family and Friends ~They Spoil Me ~Here’s my Report

 
Our daughters know that I treasure my Santa Collection.
These gifts came from both of them, purchased for me
in Japan, Germany, and a little boutique in New Hampshire.
Every year, they oversee our home, bringing Christmas Cheer.

This year, the first gift that was delivered to our door step
was a wicker basket, with soil and moss.
After three weeks of nurturing, the first signs
of an Amaryllis plant started to peak through the surface.

Under our tree, from Hubby, a new Carry-On.
I look forward to a time when it feels safe to travel again. 

Perhaps you’ve heard Santa’s Rules for buying gifts for children?
Something they want, Something they need.
Something to wear, Something to read.

I think the same rules should apply to Seniors.

So that last photo was my something to wear...
A Sweater from my favorite store,
Yoga Slippers, Socks, and an elegant Bracelet.
Remember my photo from Christmas Morning?
I wore my new soft sweater right away. 

Let’s look at something I need...

Products for pampering my hands are much appreciated,
my hands are often dry and cracked from house chores and crafting.
And now, this year, we wash our hands even more
frequently throughout the day.

When Daughters asked, “What do you want for Christmas, Mom?”
My reply was that I don’t need more stuff in my house...
however consumable items are great.
(If you are a Senior, I bet you can relate)

These items are so thoughtful and perfect for me.
*Whole Bean Coffee “Awaken Ambition”
It smells incredible!
*Extra Dark Chocolate Pralines filled with
Coffee Liqueur Cream, made in Italy.
I will savor every bite.
*Truffle Tagliatelle,
Pasta that is another Product of Italy.
*Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Herbs
A perfect appetizer for us Empty Nesters.
*Gourmet Ranch Dip Mix
Another great appetizer, plus our favorite Football Team
has a spring schedule and this will be a part of our Homegating table.

Speaking of Chocolates, and certainly consumable,
A box of Dark Chocolate Caramels with Sea Salt.
Trending this year, the Hot Cocoa Bombs.
Have you seen those posts online?
Pour warm milk over one in a mug...and all of a sudden
you have Hot Chocolate complete with garnishes.
I can’t wait to try them.


There was one thing on my “want” list...
an Olive Oil Spray Bottle.
We have all been cooking at home more than ever...
every..single..meal.
This is a great addition to our kitchen, along with these coasters,
cocktail napkins, and cute snowman serving tray.

A few more things selected just for me...
a kitchen candle, a classy pen for writing lists and notes,
Lavender Sachet, handmade by a friend,
 and clever measuring spoons for our kitchen. 

Nothing says 2020 more than these gifts...
“Let’s Stay Gnome”

And this lovely linen.

Being a Home Body is a good thing now.
Stay “Gnome”,
Stay Safe, and Stay Well.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Yay for Friday ~Where the Week Went ~Spring Cleaning ~Woodshop Creations

“Spring is in the Air” And Spring Cleaning is on my Agenda. It feels so good to let the fresh air and sunshine in, And clear all dust bunnie...