Friday, April 1, 2022

Spring Break Road Trip ~Out and About in the Hometown Cotton Mill Exchange ~Downtown Woodstock

In the early 1900s, the Canton Cotton Mill was producing
cotton thread and denim. Now it is a delightful place
to visit with little shops filled with antiques,
handmade items, and vintage farmhouse decor.

If you know me well, you know that this may
have been one of my favorite outings…

…and where I left with the most packages.

There was something for everyone there.

Even wood working items,
for my hubby to browse.

I can’t show you what I purchased,
as it would spoil the surprise for the
recipients of my souvenir gifts. 

I did glean much inspiration and I look forward
to getting back into my own sewing studio at home.

Hubby and I also made note of how items were displayed,
just in case we decide to participate in an outdoor show, someday.

You may remember that we visited here last Saturday evening
for some live music. That Brewery is on the right. The Stage is to the left.
In the Mall, there are several restaurants along with the charming shops.

This may have been one of our grandson’s favorite places
to stop when they visited a couple week prior.
They put Sprinkles on their Ice Cream!

Where was Emily’s Hubby? He works from home,
and needed some serious alone time to work on his designs.
So we didn’t feel guilty about going to the next place without him.
Downtown Woodstock, The Freight Kitchen
is a great place to take a shopping break.

We shared a couple of Appetizers…the Maple Bacon Brussels
and the Pimento Mac and Cheese Cakes with a Gouda Mornay Sauce.
Absolutely Delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Papa and I enjoyed an adult beverage, while the pregnant Mama
had a refreshing Sparkling Water with Lemon.
She and I left to explore the other boutiques, while Papa
stayed to chat with the Bartender. They are both woodworkers.

Thank you, Emily, for spending the day with us,
showing us your new stomping grounds.

Enjoy your hometown community,
wherever you live.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...