Friday, May 6, 2022

Happy FriYay ~Where the Week Went ~Travel News ~ Grilling News ~Downsizing News ~What’s been Cooking

A week ago, we went out for dinner with our friends
and Wendy asked me, “How did you spend your week?”
Her question took me by surprise…and I couldn’t think of a good answer.

However, I am traveling to spend time with these two at the end of the month.
I couldn’t be more excited.
So I have been busy preparing and packing for my trip.
I don’t know about you, but I also like to leave things tidy.

Don’t even think about breaking in and having a party in our house.
Hubby will be staying home this time…taking care of business.
He’ll be caring for
*himself
*our house
*our cat
*our yard
*his mother
*her garden
*his league golf team

By the way, these are not listed in any order of priority.
But we all know what Lizzie thinks is on the top of the list.

In the Dakotas, we experience extremes in the weather.
The wind went down and it was nice enough to grill our first steak of the season.

For years, our Summer Dinner Menu has consisted of meat for hubby to grill,
while I prepare the sides in the kitchen.
With the steak I prepared Charlotte’s Pasta Carbonara
and a Green Salad.

My very last school bag.
It went out in the garbage this week.
Not sure why I found this emotional, it had nothing to do with the actual bag, 
but what it meant. I started school with my first school bag, Sixty Years Ago.

There was not much inside except for some essentials…
Red pens, lip gloss, and Advil.

I also found this note from a student…
Brandon K. Is this you?

Also a packet of stickers.
Yes, even my High Students were excited to see
a sticker on the top of their worksheet.

Did you see my nail color on that last photo?
My cosmetologist chose that with me in mind.
It is called “I love my Gigi”
I have a manicure once a month. Not just because I love the colors,
but my nails have gotten so brittle.
This helps prevent the cracking and chipping
while I’m doing house chores and crafting.

Lizzie and I run the Roomba three times a week…
for the sawdust that comes in from the woodshop,
for the cat hair and litter on her feet,
And because of the thread and lint that is produced in my sewing studio.

Speaking of downsizing, tomorrow is Hubby’s One Year Anniversary
of his Retirement. He still has Sport Coats and Suits that we need to re-home.

I have listed two Black Sport Coats and this Olive Suit.
If you know someone who is a size Mens 44, let them know.

It was Pizza Friday…one of my favorites
is this Italian Sausage with Caramelized Onions.

It certainly hasn’t been Grilling Weather every day.
But last night we enjoyed Grilled Salmon and Asparagus.
I was in charge of the Vegetable Rice Pilaf.

Last, but certainly not least…
We ran some errands including a grocery run for my MIL.

The week certainly didn’t go by this fast
when we were working!

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...