Thursday, November 24, 2022

What’cha Workin’ on Wednesday ~Thanksgiving Preparations ~Recipe included ~Sanford Report

Thanksgiving is My Favorite Holiday…Always has been.
It’s all about being together with family, good food,
and giving thanks for all of life’s blessings.

I started my preparations early.
With my neck brace and limited use in my shoulder,
I work slowly and carefully, stopping to rest often.

On Monday, I set out my tablecloth,
plates and napkins for the appetizers,
plates and napkins for dinner,
and paper plates for the pie.

Hubby polished our Charcuterie Board with Food-Safe Oil,
however I found a little plate for the cheeseball
to avoid scratches from cutting.

On Tuesday, I prepared the Cranberry Sauce.
Aren’t they the most beautiful color?

They are so easy to make,
and Oh so fresh and delicious.

There are only three ingredients,
cranberries, sugar, and water.
They simmer for only 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Just don’t walk away…
our foreign exchange daughter learned that the hard way!

Hubby cubed the bread for the Stuffing.
Two loaves fill our large Tupperware Bowl.

We had beautiful sunshine for our weekly trip to Sanford.
My “driver” drops me off, and runs a couple errands
while I make my rounds there.

First stop, Imaging department for X-rays to send to the
Neurosurgeon in Sioux Falls.
Then, an uplifting appointment with my Orthopedic Physician.
The X-rays show evidence of healing,
and I demonstrate a fairly good range of motion.

He says I’m on the “50 Yard Line”

Last but not least,
The appointment with Physical Thearapy.
My wonderful Therapist is going me help me across the “Goal Line”

Since it was such  a beautiful Autumn day,
we took the Scenic Route home.

On Wednesday, I gathered all the Serving Dishes.
Our menu is simple this year.
Turkey and Stuffing,
 Mashed Potatoes and Gravy,
Cranberries,
Creamed Corn,
and a Green Salad.

We set out the kitchen equipment and recipes we’ll need.

We reviewed our schedule of What needs to be done,
starting at What time.

Here are Martha’s recommendations for roasting the Bird.

This is the one time in the year that I use both Crockpots,
One for the Stuffing,
One for the Creamed Corn.

Last evening, Hubby and I prepared the Overnight Mashed Potatoes.
I was able to peel the potatoes.

I love this recipe.

When the potatoes were fork-tender,
Hubby took over.
We like to rice the potatoes to make sure there are no lumps.
But you can also use your Mixer.

Sending Thanksgiving Blessings to you and your Family,
From our Home to Your’s.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...