Friday, May 26, 2023

Things in Our House Thursday ~The Little Things that Make Me Smile ~Old Farmhouse Treasures ~What We Have Salvaged

First, the Memories…No one can take those away.
This special occasion was the 25th Wedding Anniversary
Party for my parents. That is my Grandmother seated at the table,
a position of honor with the Silver Service Set, pouring coffee.

Behind her, seated on the radiator in the bay window,
from left to right, that’s me, with my cousins, Jackie and Camilla.

This precious chandelier now hangs in my sewing studio.
It was one of the first things I wanted to save from our old farmhouse.

The Art Deco Style
It is pretty amazing, isn’t it?!

That chandelier hung in this formal parlor.
Something told me, years before this destruction,
 that we should try to take the chandelier home with us.
Hubby carefully took it down, without damaging the ceiling around it.

He surprised me for Christmas, taking it to Court Street Lighting
to have it rewired, so we could safely hang it in our home.
This makes me Happy.

The lighting designer wanted to purchase it,
telling Hubby that it is in perfect condition, considering its age.
Hubby said, “I don’t think so, it’s not for sale”

The other treasure we brought home that same weekend,
 was this Stained Glass window pane from the house.
There was a storm window behind it, making
it acceptable to remove it.

See the lake water out there?

A sneak peek as to where it was…

From outdoors, it’s that little window
on the west side of the house.

I don’t think I ever walked down this stairway without pausing
to part the curtains and look out this window.

I bet I wasn’t the only one to do that!?

Here it is now, in our family room.
Hubby cleaned it up and securely hung
it above our fireplace.

This makes me happy, too.

You perhaps remember seeing it among
our Christmas Decorations.

My view from that window.

At one time, it looked out to a manicured hedge,
a red barn, and the fertile farmland beyond.
A memory I see when I close my eyes.

Take care,
~Natalie 

No comments:

Yay for Friday ~Where the Week Went ~Spring Cleaning ~Woodshop Creations

“Spring is in the Air” And Spring Cleaning is on my Agenda. It feels so good to let the fresh air and sunshine in, And clear all dust bunnie...