Saturday, June 18, 2022

Spending Time with Family ~Gigi Came to Play ~Errands and Everyday Chores are Fun, too

 
This Gigi planned a visit to spend priceless time with our family.
First priority was that all important playtime.
Of course, with a young family,
 there are those everyday house chores,
like unloading the dishwasher, folding laundry,
shopping for essentials, and meal preparation.

I was more that happy to help out where I could.
A trip to the Supermarket is always a favorite outing for me.
This time it was Henry’s turn to drive the cart.

On this day, an employee was making fresh peanut butter in the Deli.
It looked like a Play Dough Fun Factory.

Big Brother spent his mornings in school,
so Henry had his Mama and Gigi all to himself.

There’s always fun finds at this place.

Equally important weekly task…

Watching for the Trash Truck!

Jack came home after lunch every day. 
We all appreciated a little quiet time before preparing dinner.
I had plenty of help in the kitchen.

I had the opportunity to prepare some new recipes…
Toddler Friendly Fare.
This tasty dish was a Chicken, Rice, Beans, & Corn Bowl.

I like to cook better that baking, 
so this wasn’t work for me.
Plus it gave the parents a chance to play with the boys
after they came home from work.

The boys love Mini Meatloaves.
This recipe has Italian Seasoning,
and Mozzarealla Cheese in the mixture.

Jack is a willing Sous Chef.
This night, Spaghetti and Marinara Sauce was on the menu.

And an absolute favorite…
Homemade Pizza 🍕 

Pepperoni with plenty of Cheese.
We usually had enough food for lunch the next day…
those are called “Planned Overs”

We are Blessed.

Take care,
~Natalie

1 comment:

M said...

I haven't read blogs in years! I just checked out the blogs I used to follow and found that you are still blogging! Happy Sunday my friend,
Marey from the old LMNOP and then QRSTUV blogs.

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...