Monday, October 24, 2022

Where the Weekend Went ~Good Friends ~Lizzie, the Neighborhood Watch Cat ~Simple House Chores ~Day Date with Hubby

Spending Time with Good Friends makes me smile.
Friday afternoon, my longtime friend, Paula came for a chat.
She had just finished a book that she thought I’d enjoy,
So she left that with me.

Remember, for years we have gone out for Happy Hour
on Fridays after work.

These are the four couples that seldom missed a gathering.
Occasionally, other couples would join us, too.
Everyone was busy with work, family, travel, hobbies,
and all the grandchildren.

Due to health issues, 
It is just the four of left here in town.
We are all retired now, so we still enjoy travel, hobbies,
and especially visiting our grandchildren.

However, we still get together on Friday evenings
 when we are all in town.

Lizzie likes to sit in my Sewing Studio.
Either sleeping in the closet or in the sun on my counter.
From there, she has full view of our neighborhood.

Since I graduated out of my sling,
I have the freedom to do some lightweight tasks.
So I hung out with Lizzie and tidied up my sewing counter.
Hubby created a Hand Turned Wooden Bowl
to hold my spools of thread.

Lizzie says “All is well out front”

We planned a Day Date for Sunday.
It was the last day that Twist Cone was open.
So, we “got ready”.
It’s much easier to do something with one’s hair
with two hands instead of just one.

Twist Cone is a landmark in our Hometown.

And this is perhaps my favorite…The Turtle Sundae

While indulging in our tasty Ice Cream treat,
We took a drive around the community…

…Checking out the new construction.
This apartment complex is going up just north of town.

When our family comes home to visit in the summer,
This place is one of the stops on their Bucket List.

This is where Henry learned to eat an ice cream cone.

Twist Cone is Da Bomb!

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...