Monday, October 31, 2022

The Ghost of Halloween Past ~Spooky Memories ~Some are Pretty Sweet

This was Jack’s first Halloween.
They lived in Okinawa, so we cherished the photos
we received from the family.

This was Henry’s first Halloween.
By this time,
Jack was an old pro.
And we still cherish the photos.

Now the boys are joined by a little cousin in
creating some Halloween Memories.
Well, the parents will remember
and share photos with her when she is older.

Remember the first year we were married?
We started the tradition of carving a Jack o’ Lantern
for our front porch.
Hubby did the carving while I roasted the Pumpkin Seeds.

Yes, I am still wearing my teacher clothes here.

I probably post this photo every year, as it is one of my favorites.
I’m guessing that I was roasting the pumpkin seeds
and putting finishing touches on the Halloween costumes,
while the girls carved their pumpkins with Daddy.

All grown up, these two hosted a Halloween Party
shortly after they were married.

Last year, Lizzie helped me sew her Halloween Costume.
She plans to wear it tonight.

This Mama gets an award for the best Halloween Decor.
The construction involves a tomato basket,
a string of lights, and some lightweight white fabric.

The ghosts have moved outside and are ready to greet
the trick or treaters that come to to their door.

When our daughters were old enough to go trick or treating with friends,
Hubby and I would stay home and dress up to hand out the treats.

The Ghost of Halloween Past enjoyed visiting the archives
and selecting some favorite photos to share with you.

This year we don’t need to put on costumes,
as my neck brace is scary enough.

We look forward to an evening of
Spooky Good Fun right here at home.

Enjoy!

Take care, Stay Safe,
~Natalie 

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...