Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What'cha Workin' on Wednesday...and a Melt-in-your-Mouth Recipe

It is Homecoming Week...
and I am proud to say, the Homecoming King is in my Advocate Group.
(that's a high school term for home room)
Meet Matthew...
He is nice to everyone...he greets everyone by name...
and always has a positive attitude.

(and...did you notice that I took this opportunity to bring out my cupcake tree?!)
Here's the whole group...
I cannot believe they are seniors!
I have 'mothered' them for four years.
(Pretty sure I'll cry on their last day of school!)


Some of you know I am referred to as the 'Queen Mother' at school
one in 2002 and one in 2006.
(This has never happened before...
Sisters, both selected to represent their class as the Homecoming Queen.)

This photo is pretty special, as we three were together on Mothers Day...
first time since 2003.

Homecoming Week doesn't mean we can be slackers in class.
This week is the start of our Yeast Bread unit in Basic Foods.
Are these just not the most perfectly shaped crescent rolls you've ever seen??
And these? Golden brown in color...
Melt in your mouth texture...
I've posted the recipe before, but here it is again.
A printer friendly option on our

I hope you take the opportunity to try these.
Kneading and shaping the dough is so therapeutic...
and they really do melt in your mouth!

Take care,
~Natalie

8 comments:

Kathryn D. Duke said...

oh Natalie...this brings back some good old FACS memories!!! What a good teacher you are and those rolls look delicious.

M said...

How fun! What a nice post...I especially like the pictures of your home room kids...that's how I feel when my kinders graduate....only 13 years later I have a hard time recognizing a few of them :)

pam said...

Love the picture of you and your sweeties! Two homecoming queens!!!

Willoughby said...

I love that they call you "Queen Mother"! I didn't know that both of your daughters had been homecoming queens.

The crescent rolls look so delicious! I'll bet your students can't wait to come to your class every day!

You're so right about kneading dough. It is therapeutic.

Joan's Good Life said...

What a fun post. It's nice to know that there are still really good teachers out there. My kids are all grown but now we're having grandkids and I hope that there are lot's of teachers like you and Pam out there when they begin school!

The crescents look absolutely fabulous! I wish we could reach into the screen and snag a few! ;-) But, since we can't, I'll just snag the recipe and make some! Thanks for sharing!!

Kit said...

Yes, you will indeed cry for sure. I do too at the end of the school year. Such great kids out there. I so want one of those rolls. Wow, they are pretty! Kit

Ramblin Mama said...

I am really going to have to find a way to sneak into the class during your Yeast Bread unit. Mine just never turns out. You may it look and sound so easy.

If my mom were here, she'd be so ashamed as she made rolls and breads so easily. Funny, I'm known for being a good cook but I've learned to look for recipes that DON'T call for yeast!

Busy Bee Suz said...

YUMMO!!!!
It is so great that both your girls were homecoming queen. Our homecoming game is tonight and the dance is tomorrow! Linds is so excited!!!
Have a great weekend.
xoxox

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...